Pruned trees provide for further growth as do we for the next generation of this programme. This is an important time for secondary students as they begin to identify what career they want to have, and what steps are required to get there.
This programme aims to lift their learning abilities and confidence to achieve and excel at secondary level as the NCEA requirements challenge them. Also, to prepare them for our Harvesters section to study at tertiary level under the Forest Management Programme. We plan to encourage and promote the forestry industry as a viable career option.
- Relevant subjects such as English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- 1-1 tutorial programme for focused students
- Partly and/or fully subsidized
- 14 to 18 years
- Student Year Level in NCEA L1, L2 and L3
2017 Pilot Programme Details
- Spaces: 10 pilot students confirmed
- Delivered via Skype with tutors from Pencilcase Tutoring, Auckland
- To attend the MindLab, Auckland Workshop in April holidays to match you with a tutor
- Tutoring will be available for Terms 2 and possibly 3 and 4
- Programme still being developed
- Intentions to increase funding to support more participating students in 2018